Development of a socially-responsible garage
Au fil des jours
In the Tarn departement, the Au Fil des Jours organisation is currently the only structure providing a mobility offer combining a mechanics workshop and the rental of two-wheelers.
The organisation is seeking to shift the activity of the mechanics workshop towards that of a socially-responsible garage by increasing its repair capacity.
That development will serve to:
- enhance the two-wheeler rental capacity by expanding the fleet to 15 scooters,
- provide a vehicle rental offering for people struggling to enter the social and professional world,
- open an “Introduction to mechanics” workshop, providing assistance with maintenance and the repair of two-wheelers with help and advice from a professional mechanic,
- repair vehicles (purchased at low cost or collected from local garages) and sell them on at reduced price to individuals in integration programmes,
- put the individuals welcomed at the garage in touch with micro-credit structures.
Other projects social inclusion
APIC works in partnership with AGAFAB, an organisation that manages two welcome centres housing 270 beneficiaries of RSA welfare, workers with disabilities, retired people and asylum seekers. The collective micro-transport project, including the recruitment of a driver for the residents and...Read more
The project led by Mission Locale Technowest (M.L.T.) consists in setting up a mobility platform to allow young people in professional integration programmes to enhance their autonomy by gaining a firmer understanding of the mobility services available in their region...Read more